Have you pulled out this year’s marketing plan to see if you are still in the right ballpark and still in the game?
Next week is the last week of the first quarter. Set some time aside to pull your performance reports together (especially if this isn’t done automatically) for your programs and overall performance. Gather your team together and ask yourself the following questions:
- Did we do what we set out to do? If no, why not?
- Did we perform the way we expected? If no, why not?
- What worked and didn’t from a program perspctive? Why?
- Have there been any changes internally or in the marketplace that means your plans for the next quarter need to change? If so, what & why?
- Do all involved teams know your plans and expected performance for 2Q07?
- Do you have good communications flow internally and externally to build toward maximum effectiveness?
- Does your management know what you know and have the same expectations you have?
- Do you have the resources to do what you planned? If not, have you adjusted your plan and expected results?
- Have you published any changes to your plan for 2Q07 so everyone is playing with the same rules?
Taking a half-a-day to gather and review your performance will improve what you accomplish during the next quarter. Ask yourself the hard questions and make the changes. Adjusting now will save a lot of resources and explanations later on!