Kiwanis Peanut Days have arrived here in Chicago so here’s the top ten reasons to dig into your ashtray for a bit of change (or how ’bout a twenty?) as you’re driving around town.
10. Our stylish neon orange vests make us irresistible
9. The Park Ridge Club alone provides funds to over 20 local organizations including Avenues to Independence, Meals on Wheels and Plymouth Camp for the Handicapped.
8. Peanuts are yummy.
7. Operating funds for Kiwanis are paid for through member dues. Your entire donation goes straight to local charities.
6. Since 1951 Kiwanis has been raising money one peanut at a time at intersections all over town and our feet are tired.
5. You love pancake breakfasts! (Our other major fundraiser – really has nothing to do with peanut day, but pancakes are also yummy.)
4. In addition to cash, club members provide hands on support for rehabbing facilities, community activities, and other people powered needs.
3. The change in your ashtray is rattling, ruining your smooth ride. (That could also be paper crinkling in your pocket, better get rid of it!)
2. If you don’t want to give today, how ‘bout joining? Always looking for more help.
1. Your Change Can Change The World. Children worldwide benefit from Kiwanis activities, including our support for Spastic Paralysis Research.
I’m a member of the Park Ridge Kiwanis Morning Club. Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers who work to bring change to the world one community and one child at a time. Members raise funds and donate time to assist community organizations. Each year clubs sponsor about 150,000 service projects and raise over $100 million to fund community and research projects. So, if you can see your way clear to buy a pack of peanuts (or pretzels in some places) thank you!